What about love?

sábado, 7 de mayo de 2016

What about love?




There are many beliefs and preconceptions about what love means. For some people simply love doesn’t exist but for me it is as real as the air I can breathe every day. People have their own reasons about why love exist or doesn’t. But in my reckoning the reason those people don’t believe in love is because of their own past experiences. Some of them have been physically and/or emotionally abused since their childhood; and that has caused a hardness heart inside of them. They have seen themselves as protectors of their heart of their feelings and thoughts; they don’t believe anyone can love them because of the pain many people in the past have originated. In fact, they have not more beliefs in people goodness or good intentions. Maybe, they just consider anyone can do something for them without looking for an interest.

However, it exists those who consider love is the most important part of human life. It has been shown, that people have a better life when are loved by someone. And when we talk about love is not relative to have sex, have a girlfriend or to get married because those are just expressions of love. What I want to say is that real love never gives up. That is the major need of humans in life. Love has the power to overcome the hate, to forget the pain, to forgive the offense, or to heal the wound. According to Apostle Paul (1 Corinthians 13:4-7), he states that “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres”.

Love never fails, it is real; and those who really love something or someone must have these characteristics in the way he or she does it. And I can attest that the real and true significance of love is in Jesus, in God. The person who loves me and loves you without limits. He has shown me how much I’m worth and how important I am for him. He is who never gets tired of loving me, in spite of my mistakes, in spite of my doubts; in spite of my indifference he still loves me and of course loves you, even when you don’t know or you don’t want to accept him. If you say you love but you don’t have God in your heart, you don’t really love because if whoever doesn’t know God, doesn’t love, because God is love.  

Marcela Sandoval
 

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario